If your brand is on social media, you can be part of an online conversation,…
Coaching Niche Market.
In this section, you will learn some market insights.
The coaching niche market was valued at $15 billion in 2019, with a total market value of $7.5 billion in the United States. The market value is estimated to reach $16 billion by the end of 2022, with an average annual growth rate of 6.7 percent from 2019 to 2022.
Due to digitalization, online coaching is one of the most profitable and growing markets in recent years. Moreover, online coaching is expanding rapidly due to the use of technologies and portable devices, making online education easier than ever.
Also, online coaching makes it easy for students, entrepreneurs, and anyone wanting to improve their knowledge regardless of where they are located, which is one of its most attractive features.
Online coaching platforms have created a great opportunity for both coaches and learners. Where coaches just need to select or create a platform to teach, and learners can choose a course according to their needs. However, the growing competition in the market, the lack of genuine certifications, poor coaching quality, and some other factors can hinder the market growth. So if you are an entrepreneur willing to create an online course to teach your audience, you’ll need to make sure you address these common issues to prepare your course for success.
What is certain is that the coaching niche market offers a great opportunity for expansion and growth for entrepreneurs in any niche since this business model works well in conjunction with any other monetization method.
Lastly, I suggest looking at this post to understand better what a niche market is and how to take advantage of it.
Coaching Niche trend.
In this section, I will analyze the current trends in this niche.
Market niche trends can help you identify how a market is doing. In addition, they allow you to see the interest in a certain topic over time.
When analyzing trends for a niche, it is vital to study the interest over time- If the interest fluctuates a lot with periods going down to zero, it normally would be a bad sign. However, if the trend stays up and is stable or growing, it could be a good sign. There are other factors to consider as well. More on this later.
I will use the Google Trends tool to analyze trends in the coaching niche. When using this tool, there are a few distinctions to take into account:
- When you search for terms, it will show matches for all the words in a query.
- When you search for topics, it will refer to a group of terms that share the same concept. So the result is broader.
‘Topics‘ can be great to find out the interest of people in a niche. The idea would be to use ‘topics’ to find niches that are worth pursuing. Then, you should use ‘search terms’ as the first step toward content creation. This will help you understand if it is worth creating content on a given term based on current trends.
For this report, I am analyzing the topic ‘Business Coaching.’ Then, I have set the location worldwide and filtered it by the past five years.
Overall, this trend seems to keep growing by the year. Although it suffered a small drop by 2022, this trend is projected to keep growing in the upcoming years.
By looking at this graph, one could think that a coaching business could work based on the trend numbers. However, to avoid fierce competition in this niche, you should niche down and find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas.
So how do you find profitable sub-niche and micro-niche ideas with fewer competitors? With proper niche research. But we’ll get into that in the following sections. For now, you can read in this post all the advantages of niche marketing.
Lastly, you can also find useful information below the Google Trends graphic, such as related topics and queries. These could provide you with great insights into which coaching niche you could choose or relevant topics where people will be interested.
For instance, “business coach for women entrepreneurs” seems like a great niche opportunity. So keep an eye on these suggestions since they might give you the idea you were looking for.
How to Find Niche Ideas.
Learn how to find a niche step by step.
There are many methods you can use to find out exciting sub-niches ideas. The simplest one might be a combination of Wikipedia with Google Suggest to find ideas. Then you can use Google Trend to validate your plan.
This is how to do it:
Step #1. Head to Wikipedia, and in the search bar, type your niche keyword and hit search.
Step #2. Skim the page for sub-niche ideas. You’ll be able to find plenty of coaching-related keywords along with the Wikipedia page.
Some places to look include the table of contents, content itself, and the “see also” section at the bottom.
Step #3. Next, you can complete these sub-niche ideas or get some more with Google Search. Head to Google.com and enter some of your niche keywords. Google will instantly suggest some sub-niches for you.
This is a very effective and easy trick to find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas quickly.
Step #4. Lastly, use Google Trends to validate your niche idea. For this example, I will check “life coaching courses.“
The graphic below shows how this trend is very stable overall. This is a good sign and all we need to focus for now. I’ll show you how to check competition in the next sections.
Lastly, you can also include in the Google Trends search bar some of the ideas you found to compare them. For this example, I have used lifestyle coaching, business coaching, and online coaching fitness.
As you can see, there is a dominant interest in “life coaching” and “business coaching.” This will probably mean they also are more competitive. It is important to note that having the higher number in this graphic is not necessarily the best idea. This is about checking there is enough interest and that the interest it stable or growing, and not decreasing. So do not think online coaching fitness is not a great niche idea only because the other terms have a higher interest.
Normally, the higher the interest over time, the higher the competence as well. So it is vital to find a sub-niche or micro-niche in the sweet spot between search volume and commercial value. So in order to decide which is the best of all these options for us, we’ll need to continue with niche keyword rearch, but we’ll cover this in the next section.
For now, I suggest you check micro niche blogging in 10 practical steps to make sure you choose the right micro niche.
Lastly, note that trends that are just starting to grow can be the ones with the most potential for new sites. It could be a new market blooming, meaning the competition is inexistent or limited.
So do not drop ideas only because trends show low numbers. If the trend’s interest grows exponentially and gets stable, it is probably worth pursuing.
Coaching niche competition.
In this section, you will learn how competitive this niche is and its opportunities.
As in any niche with demand, competition in the high-level niche can be harsh. Big corporations typically dominate the internet for competitive terms in popular niches. And entrepreneurs like us simply don’t have the resources to compete against them.
That is why sub-niches and micro-niches are much better options- The more you niche down, the smaller the competence. But if you go too niche, you might face another issue: That the market might be too small.
The only way to know is by analyzing keywords directly related to your sub-niche or micro-niche ideas. This is how you’ll see if the main keywords you want to target are too competitive or if there are still opportunities with less competitive terms.
For this example, I will check the competition for “life coaching.”
To have an idea about the overall competition in this niche, we’ll look for this exact term with the SEO tool.
As you can see from the image, this term difficulty is “difficult,” with a great search volume of 49.5k and $2.88 CPC
But what does this information really means?
This initial search is just is to have a quick overview of the potential market regarding search volume (interest) and the difficulty of this niche. By checking the exact niche keyword, you can quickly learn how competitive a term is and also have an idea about the audience size. But ultimately, you still need to check your niche competitors in detail to better understand your direct competitors.
In summary, this initial search is to find out how competitive the main keyword is. Then, you’ll need to narrow it down to find less competitive keywords.
Finding less competitive keywords.
Once you have checked your niche competitors and assessed the competence level, you can easily find profitable niche keywords with low competition and a decent search volume with a few tweaks:
Step #1. Search for your niche keyword using your SEO tool. For this example, I’ll stick to the previous example, ‘life coaching.’
Step #2. Next, filter the results to find less competitive keywords. In my case, I want something with a search volume over 100 and difficulty under 39. Then click on ‘Apply filters.’
Step #3. Now I have a list of 386 keywords with a lower difficulty score and great search volume, even for such a competitive niche. But the work does not finish here. After gathering all the related keywords for your niche, I suggest you create an excel table and include only the most related keywords to avoid ending up with a list filled with keywords you don’t need.
Looking at this example and the keywords found, you could easily assess if you can find enough topics to create a profitable business in the life coaching niche.
You might and should run different search queries looking for related terms to make sure you’ll find enough keywords to drive your traffic and ultimately make money.
In summary, this list shows that with the right keywords, you could create a profitable niche website even in a competitive niche. You just need to find those less competitive terms and create amazing content.
- 10+ Profitable Niches With Low Competition (in 2022)
- Keysearch: The Best Keyword Research Service For Beginners
- SE Ranking Review 2022: Pros, Cons, Pricing, and Alternatives.
- The 9 Best AI SEO Software To Quickly Improve your Rankings.
- 8 SEMrush alternatives for your SEO strategy.
- SEMRush vs SimilarWeb: Compared and Reviewed
How to make money with the Coaching niche.
In this section, you will learn different ways to monetize this niche.
There are several ways you can monetize your coaching niche website.
But what works best is to adapt your strategy to the user intent. And the coaching niche clearly works better if you offer your services or if you provide online courses.
The idea is to adopt a solution to your audience’s problem in the best format. Also, most of the time, online businesses adopt more than one monetization method.
I suggest you check this post about niche blogging to learn how to create a niche website step by step with tips to monetize it.
Some methods you can use to make money with the coaching niche are:
Services can be a lucrative way to monetize coaching niche websites. In fact, big money in this niche is on service providers offering career coach, business coach and others.
Clearly, regardless of the sub-niche or microniche, the end consumer will likely be looking for coaching on a specific topic.
Also, some of the services might be presential, but you could deliver many others online. For this, you just need a platform like HeySummit with registration and ticketing. This is probably the easiest and most effective method to run online events with all of the customization and flexibility you need to provide an exceptional experience for your audience. You could even create online courses to help a targeted audience by providing valuable training.
Some website examples that monetize by providing coaching services are:
- How to create and sell an online course.
- How to Create Webinar Funnels with HeySummit.
- Drop Servicing: The Definitive Guide in 2022.
- The 10+ Best Drop Servicing Niches (2022 Guide).
Products in the coaching niche are also a popular solution to make money online.
For instance, some products you could create are:
- Niche-specific products to solve your audience’s problems. For instance, an app for finding the coaches and courses sorted by topics, eCourses, etc.
- Ebooks. This is one of the resources most used by many bloggers. Ebooks are relatively fast to create and can make you some extra money. Ebooks can contain tips, training, or anything that will help your audience. For this, I suggest you check Designrr– This incredible tool will allow you to create stunning ebooks in 2 minutes that you can sell later on your site.
- Videos/Podcasts. You could also create videos or podcasts about particular coaching topics in your niche, which you could sell individually or with a subscription. My personal recommendation is InVideo for video creation since it allows you to create professional videos in no time, even if you have no experience,
For podcasts, Buzzsprout is the most popular solution.
When you present the right product to the right audience, products can be the easiest way to start making money. They also allow you to earn a passive income when you combine them with an evergreen sales funnel.
Some coaching sites examples selling products are:
- AbrahamGroup. Digital resources for entrepreneurs.
- strategiccoach. Ebooks with different resources for entrepreneurs.
- Digital Product Creation Guide: From Zero To Hero.
- Product-Led Growth In 2022: The Definitive Guide.
- The 10 Best Dropshipping Niches in 2022 (Free in PDF)
- The 10+ Best Dropshipping Website Builders (2022)
Subscriptions and memberships can make a great alternative to monetizing your website.
Subscriptions are based on delivering extra value to your readers. This could be access to a premium section, delivering new content only to subscribers, and things like that.
Also, you can get recurring income from memberships. But you need to keep providing value to your readers constantly. This could be by delivering relevant content in the form of a magazine, weekly videos, podcasts, or something valuable to your readers.
You can also provide exclusive video or podcast access to your subscribers. And the best thing is that you simply need a plugin like MemberMouse to create subscriptions and memberships effortlessly.
Some website examples using these methods are:
- Ama La vida. Life and career coaching membership.
Ads used to be one of the most common ways to monetize websites. However, there are some downsides to them:
- You need a lot of traffic to make good money.
- The user experience can not be as good.
- Most people use ad blockers these days.
Having said so, many businesses use ads as their primary source of income. You could use platforms like Google Adsense, Media.net, VigLink, etc.
In any case, you could place ads just for extra income rather than the primary source of income.
This is my favorite method to make money online in any niche. Although affiliate marketing might not be the most obvious monetization strategy, it can always work great in parallel with your primary monetization method.
Also, affiliate marketing might need some time and traffic to get traction, but you will earn a passive income when it does.
All you need to do is to sign up for the best affiliate programs in your niche. Then, I suggest you read how to make money with affiliate marketing, and you will be ready to monetize your site with this method.
Coaching sub-niche and micro-niche ideas.
In this section, I will provide you with some profitable niche ideas.
After putting into practice what I have explained in this report and researching some keywords, I have collected a list of sub-niches and micro-niches in the coaching niche that can do a great online business.
I personally recommend focusing on sub-niches or micro-niches where trends are steady even if the volume is not high since they probably will be the ones with fewer competitors—that is why niche blogging is so powerful. You will monetize more easily and faster if you find good enough keywords.
Lastly, what makes a profitable niche is the commercial value behind the keywords you choose. So if you just choose keywords without commercial value which are more informational, you might struggle to generate an income (although you can still do it.) You will also need to do thorough niche keyword research and develop a list of keywords and then plan your content creation strategy thoroughly if you want to succeed.
Sub-Niche: Financial Coaching
- Money management
- Expenses management
- Financial goals
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: Health Coaching
- Diet coach
- Workout coach
- Nutrition coach
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: Business Coaching
- Productivity coach
- Marketing coach
- Sales coach
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: Life coaching
- Relationship coach
- Career coach
- Mindset coach
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Want More? 50 Best Coaching niche ideas for less competition
- Life coaching for personal development and goal setting
- Executive coaching for leadership and career advancement
- Health and wellness coaching for weight loss and healthy lifestyle
- Relationship coaching for couples and individuals
- Business coaching for entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Career coaching for job seekers and professionals
- Financial coaching for budgeting and wealth management
- Performance coaching for athletes and performers
- Parenting coaching for new parents and families
- Communication coaching for public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Mindfulness coaching for stress management and meditation
- Confidence coaching for self-esteem and self-belief
- Academic coaching for students and academic success
- Time management coaching for productivity and efficiency
- Creativity coaching for artists and writers
- Nutrition coaching for healthy eating and meal planning
- Fitness coaching for exercise and physical well-being
- Leadership coaching for team building and management skills
- Sales coaching for improving sales techniques and strategies
- Motivational coaching for inspiration and goal achievement
- Emotional intelligence coaching for self-awareness and empathy
- Retirement coaching for planning and transitioning into retirement
- Conflict resolution coaching for managing conflicts and negotiations
- Personal branding coaching for professional image and reputation
- Career transition coaching for changing careers or industries
- Resilience coaching for overcoming setbacks and challenges
- Academic tutoring and study skills coaching
- Networking coaching for building professional connections
- Stress management coaching for work-life balance
- Parenting coaching for specific challenges (e.g., parenting teenagers)
- Transition coaching for relocating or moving to a new city
- Health coaching for specific conditions or diseases (e.g., diabetes coaching)
- Sales management coaching for sales team leaders
- Retirement lifestyle coaching for planning post-retirement activities
- Sports coaching for specific sports (e.g., tennis coaching, soccer coaching)
- Personal finance coaching for financial independence and planning
- Writing coaching for aspiring authors and writing projects
- College admissions coaching for high school students
- Leadership development coaching for emerging leaders
- Diversity and inclusion coaching for fostering inclusive workplaces
- Creativity coaching for entrepreneurs and innovators
- Productivity coaching for optimizing work and personal productivity
- Career advancement coaching for professional growth and promotion
- Health and wellness coaching for stress reduction and self-care
- Team-building coaching for improving teamwork and collaboration
- Social skills coaching for individuals with social challenges
- Personal development coaching for self-discovery and personal growth
- Business strategy coaching for entrepreneurs and business owners
- Online business coaching for digital entrepreneurs
- Retirement planning coaching for financial security in retirement
Need help with your digital marketing strategy?
Let me help you to increase your site traffic with Niche SEO optimizations.
Don’t forget to share this article!
Are you curious about the secrets behind successful online marketing strategies? You’re in the right…
You know that feeling when you’re checking your website stats and thinking, ‘Where is everyone?’…
While digital marketing channels can bring in impressive results, outbound calling still remains a powerful…
Are you looking for the best niche vlogging ideas to grow your audience faster? Vlogging…
Are you looking for the best Youtube niches to start a profitable channel? Youtube is…
Want to know the best Adsense niches to monetize your site with ads? In order…
Fitness Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…
Photography Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…
Food Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…