Can you do affiliate marketing without a website? The answer is yes, you can.
Many entrepreneurs choose affiliate marketing to make money online. But in most cases, to be successful with affiliate marketing you need a website and it takes time.
However, there some methods on how to make money from affiliate marketing without a website. Methods where no or very little investment is required. And you don’t even need a website or blog!
Want to learn how? Then let’s dive in!
- But first, what is Affiliate Marketing?
- 7 ways on how to make money from affiliate marketing without a website
- 1. create an ebook.
- 2. Take advantage of content publishing platforms.
- 3. Use forums to post your links.
- 4. Start a YouTube Channel.
- 5. Use Social Media Platforms.
- 6. Use Email Marketing.
- 7. Use paid advertising.
- 10 Affiliate programs that do not require a website to join.
*Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
But first, what is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is an advertising method that works as a channel through which companies pay a commission in an agreed manner to an individual or business. These individuals or businesses help to promote the company products or services which ultimately translates into more sales.
Learn more about affiliate marketing and how to start in this post.
7 ways on how to make money from affiliate marketing without a website
As I said at the beginning, you can make money with affiliate marketing without a website. However, using a niche website will provide you much better results.
The reason is that these methods on how to make money from affiliate marketing without a website are not as stable as having a website. Sure, you can still make money with each of these methods. But if any of these methods make a substantial change you could lose this way of income overnight.
However, if you had a website, you could diversify and have more control. It will allow you to monetize with different affiliate marketing strategies and you could take a setback more easily. Not to mention that many of the best affiliate programs require you to have a website.
Having said so, you still can continue with your plan to promote affiliate products without a website. And this is how you can do it:
1. create an ebook.
I am going to start with one of my favorites ways to make money with affiliate marketing without a website- Creating an ebook.
Many people are not really aware of how powerful this option can be but you are about to discover. Even if you are not a writer, you can benefit from this option, just stick with me.
When you create an ebook, you will have plenty of options to include affiliate links throughout the content. Now, if you manage to create an interesting ebook, not only people will share it, but you could even profit from Amazon Kindle Publishing (yes, is totally legal)
So you cannot only make money with Amazon KDP but also when people, click on your links?! Pretty cool, isn’t it?
Now, you might say: That is very cool, but I don’t have a clue about how to write an ebook. Then I’d say: that is not a problem, you can hire someone to do it for you. Think about it, this can be a very little investment for something that can provide solid income in the long term.
- Research topics that people are interested in. You can learn how to do that in this post.
- Create an ebook with the selected topic. If you don’t have writing skills simply hire a freelance in Fiverr which can do it for you from $100. (Check this post about drop servicing to unveil the full potential)
- Apply to affiliate programs related to the topic in your ebook.
- Naturally, place your affiliate links.
- Publish your ebook on Amazon KPD. Is easy and fast.
- Promote the ebook on your social networks. This will help to spread the word.
2. Take advantage of content publishing platforms.
One of the easiest ways to start with affiliate marketing if you don’t have a website is using content publishing platforms.
The main advantage of this method is that these platforms already have an audience. Which normally is the hardest to obtain. You can even rank on Google’s first page with them and drive even more traffic to your content. I managed to rank a few with Medium.
Also, you can make money with Medium from your articles. So this can make a solid strategy to monetize both with affiliate links and the Medium partner program.
- First, register in a content publishing platform. My personal advice would be Medium.
- Perform keyword research to learn about interesting topics without much competition.
- Create a long-form thorough article (+1,000 word) with visuals and useful information. They tend to perform better than short articles.
- Optimize your article for SEO. That will increase the chances of people to find you through Google.
- Craft a compelling title and use an eye-catching feature image. That is all your potential readers will see before clicking on your content. So make them click.
- Publish your article and promote it on your social networks.
3. Use forums to post your links.
Yes, forums are still a thing. And there is a big community using them.
There is one thing all forums have in common. They are used by people looking for solutions to their problems. Which makes forums a great place to promote your affiliate links.
So with the right strategy, using affiliate links on forums can work great. Bear in mind though, that forums have strict guidelines to avoid uncontrolled self-promotions. So you need to play by the book if you want to have a real chance.
Some of the best forums you can use to get clicks on your affiliate links are:
- Put together a list with the affiliates you have applied to and are approved.
- Register into forums where the audience from these affiliates would gather. It requires just a bit of investigation but you will figure it out easily.
- Set up your profile using keywords related to the product/services you will promote.
- Start making connections with people with the same interests. That will grow your audience.
- Before placing any links, participate in different conversations and try to be insightful.
- Place one affiliate link for every 10 helpful comments you leave. And always use them when relevant.
- Follow up your comments for some other questions that users might have.
4. Start a YouTube Channel.
Most of the affiliate programs will ask for a website or Youtube channel. So starting a youtube channel might be one of your best shots for a few reasons:
- Video is increasing in popularity. People prefer video over any other form of content.
- You can rank organically and drive traffic and sales even if you don’t upload new content.
- You can monetize on Youtube not only with your affiliate links on your video description but also with ads.
Since Google acquired Youtube, Youtube is experiencing an important traffic increase. That is why this can be a very profitable business.
However, building an audience on Youtube is not easy or fast. You will need to post quality videos with frequency, at least once a week. Then, you also need to optimize your video titles, tags, and descriptions for SEO.
- Create at least 10 videos related to the content you want to promote. They need to provide value and be at least 2 minutes long.
- Once you have them, create a Youtube channel and upload them all.
- Optimize your videos for SEO.
- Craft engaging titles, and descriptions. This will increase your video clicks.
- Create a visual thumbnail. Together with the title, people will only click if they like what they see.
- Include your affiliate links high in the description so they are visible. As always, your affiliate links should be contextual and provide value.
- Lastly, you can promote on other social media or even create youtube ads.
5. Use Social Media Platforms.
This is probably the easiest way on how to make money from affiliate marketing without a website.
Everybody uses social platforms these days. And you don’t even need to have a presence in every single social network for this method to work. In fact, it works better if you can focus your efforts on two social media platforms and master them.
But again, it is not easy or fast. You will need to build a solid road to success.
However, once you hit the milestone of thousands of followers on your selected social platforms, it will be the companies who will find you. Which will make your affiliate marketer work much easier.
That is why I recommend starting with just two platforms. Once you have grown a considerable audience, then you can jump to another.
This is what you should do to promote affiliate links on social media.
- Set your affiliate programs.
- Choose a couple of social media platforms where the audience from your affiliates might gather. For instance, if it is business-related, Twitter and Linkedin will work the best.
- Find affiliate products/services easy to share on these networks. It needs to be something to help to solve a problem.
- Create an engaging piece of content with your affiliate link. Try to include visuals to increase your chances.
- Publish and promote. If you have a big audience, it can be enough with publishing. But if you don’t, you could promote your content with ads.
6. Use Email Marketing.
Email marketing is important for any online business because is one of the best methods to make serious money doing affiliate marketing.
If you manage to get your reader’s email, you will get a chance to land on their inbox. Which is one of the most powerful things in this digital marketing era.
But for this method to work, you will need two things:
- An email marketing service, and
- A landing page
The good news is that you can actually get those two things together with Convertkit.
ConvertKit is a full-featured email service provider. Because of its powerful marketing automation, segmentation, and ease of use, it’s one of the fastest-growing email marketing companies. It also features customizable sign-up forms and landing pages, which will help you convert readers into subscribers.
- Sign up for a free account in Convertkit.
- Create opt-in offers related to the product/service you want to promote. That way, if a reader wants to download your asset, they will need to provide you with an email in exchange. This can be free ebooks, checklists, cheat sheets, an email series, etc.
- Create a landing page for each of the affiliate products/services you want to promote and include your offer here. This is how you will get your reader’s email.
- Promote in your social networks or create ads to give exposure to your landing page.
- Lastly, create an email sequence with several emails including affiliate links. It works better if you deliver value on your first email without links to build trust, and then send a second and their email with affiliate links.
Check this post where I explain how you can earn a passive income with affiliate email marketing.
7. Use paid advertising.
There was a time where you could create ads linking directly to your affiliate links. But not anymore.
Now, if you want to advertise through Google, you will need to send the referral via an intermediate. And that is again your landing page.
A landing page is a web page where the visitor lands when they click. They are created for marketing purposes mainly.
Paid advertising with landing pages can be a very powerful combination. But again, you will need resources to build a landing page. My suggestion is:
- Use Convertkit to create landing pages and if you plan on doing email marketing (Which you should)
- Use a tool designed specifically to build landing pages- Instapage.
- Create a landing page using one of the 2 options above.
- Include an offer that readers can download in exchange for their emails.
- Add also direct affiliate links to your landing page. Ads are a game of volume, the more people see your ad, the higher the chances they click on your affiliate link.
- Follow this guide on how to create profitable Google Adwords.
10 Affiliate programs that do not require a website to join.
It would be useless to tell you how to make money with affiliate programs that do not require a website without telling you which programs are these:
- Amazon Associates. This is the Amazon affiliate program. On average, you get around 4% commission.
- SE Ranking. Today is all about SEO, and that is exactly what this program is about. Commissions are 30%.
- Fiverr. This is a platform for outsourcing services that can be used pretty much for everything. Commissions can range from Dynamic CPA up to $150 or $10 CPA + 10% RevShare
- eBay Network. You can earn money when you drive traffic to them that converts. Commissions range from 40% to 80% which is great
- ClickBank. This is the most popular marketplace for digital products. Commissions will depend on the programs you apply to within this network.
- DropshipMe. A service to help drop shippers quickly source items to sell on Aliexpress. They pay 50% and 30% respectively when your referral makes a purchase.
- RiteTag. A tool that will help users getting the right hashtags on Twitter. You can get $9.8 for each customer that upgrades to RiteTag Pro Plan.
- SFI. Market place to promote affiliate products. Commissions will depend on the product.
- Six Figures Mentor. A membership program that teaches how to make money online. Commissions can range from $20 to $200.
- Template Monster. Offers one of the web’s biggest collection of website templates. They offer 30% of every first purchase and then 10% of any other subsequent purchases.
There are more and you probably can even try by emailing directly a company you want to work with. But these are a good starting point.
You might want to read:
As you can see, there are many ways you can make money from affiliate marketing without a website.
However, I still urge you to consider creating a niche website to increase your chances.
Lastly, I suggest you make a small investment in your self and make an affiliate marketing training in Affilorama. It is a little investment for a very big reward.
Now is your turn!
What is your favorite method to make money with affiliate marketing without a website?
Leave a comment below with your answer.
Don’t forget to share this article!