So you probably want to start a blog and want to know the differences and…
Real Estate Niche Market.
In this section, you will learn some market insights.
The global real estate market is a diverse and dynamic sector, encompassing residential, commercial, and industrial properties. It is a crucial part of the global economy.
Residential real estate provides housing while also helping individuals and families build wealth. By providing offices, industrial, logistics, and retail space, the commercial real estate market serves a vital role in the development of the economy.
According to a report by the National Association of Realtors, international sales of existing homes in the U.S. reached an all-time high in 2020, with a total of $64 billion in sales.
As the global economy continues to recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the real estate market is expected to remain strong, with increasing demand for both residential and commercial properties.
Also, the value of properties and rents tend to increase over time, making real estate a hedge against inflation. Though the market is not immune to bubbles such as the notorious subprime mortgage crisis in the U.S. between 2007 and 2010, real estate is considered a stable asset class.
In 2021, the U.S. home sales in the United States surged, reaching the highest value observed since 2006. A total of 6.1 million housing transactions were completed in that year, up from 5.6 million in 2020. According to the forecast, sales activity is expected to slow down slightly in 2022 and increase again in 2023.
Find more statistics at Statista
In summary, the real estate niche is a solid niche, but it is always important to consider the following factors which can determine this market value:
- The real estate market is influenced by economic conditions, interest rates, and government policies.
- In a strong economy, home prices tend to rise as more people can afford to buy homes.
- In a weak economy, home prices tend to fall as fewer people can afford to buy homes.
- Interest rates also affect the real estate market. When interest rates are low, it is cheaper for people to borrow money to buy homes, so home prices tend to rise. When interest rates are high, it is more expensive for people to borrow money to buy homes, so home prices tend to fall.
- Government policies such as tax incentives for first-time homebuyers or funding for affordable housing can also influence the real estate market.
Lastly, I suggest looking at this post to understand better what a niche market is and how to take advantage of it.
Real Estate Niche trend.
In this section, I will analyze the current trends in this niche.
Market niche trends can help you identify how a market is doing. In addition, they allow you to see the interest in a certain topic over time.
When analyzing trends for a niche, it is vital to study the interest over time- If the interest fluctuates a lot with periods going down to zero, it normally would be a bad sign. However, if the trend stays up and is stable or growing, it could be a good sign. There are other factors to consider as well. More on this later.
To analyze trends in the real estate niche, I will use the Google Trends tool. When using this tool, there are a few distinctions to take into account:
- When you search for terms, it will show matches for all the words in a query.
- When you search for topics, it will refer to a group of terms that share the same concept. So the result is broader.
‘Topics‘ can be great for finding out the interest of people in a niche. The idea would be to use ‘topics’ to find niches that are worth pursuing. Then, you should use ‘search terms’ as the first step toward content creation. This will help you understand if it is worth creating content on a given term based on current trends.
For this report, I am analyzing the topic ‘real estate.’ Then, I have set the location worldwide and filtered it by the past five years.
Overall, real estate has a very stable trend with lots of interest over time.
By looking at this graph, one could think that any real estate business could work based on the trend numbers. However, to avoid fierce competition in this niche, you should niche down and find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas.
So how do you find profitable sub-niche and micro-niche ideas with fewer competitors? With proper niche research.
But we’ll get into that in the following sections. For now, you can read in this post all the advantages of niche marketing.
Lastly, you can find some more useful information just below the Google Trends graphic, such as related topics and queries. These could provide you with great insights as to which sub-niche you should choose or simply relevant topics where people will have an interest.
How to Find Niche Ideas.
Learn how to find a niche step by step.
There are many methods you can use to find out exciting sub-niches ideas. The simplest one might be a combination of Wikipedia with Google Suggest to find ideas. Then you can use Google Trends to validate your plan.
This is how to do it:
Step #1. Head to Wikipedia, and in the search bar, type your niche keyword and hit search.
Step #2. Skim the page for sub-niche ideas. You’ll be able to find plenty of niche-related keywords along with the Wikipedia page.
Some places where to look include the table of content, the content itself, and the “see also” section at the bottom.
Also, when you click on related terms with a link, it will take you to another page where you’ll be able to find even more ideas. So this is an excellent method to brainstorm keywords and sub-niche ideas.
Step #3. Next, you can complete these sub-niche ideas or get some more with Google Search. Head to Google.com and enter some of your niche keywords. Google will instantly suggest some sub-niches for you.
This is a very effective and easy trick to find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas quickly.
Step #4. Lastly, use Google Trends to validate your niche idea. For this example, I will check “sustainable real estate,” which I found on Wikipedia.
The graphic below shows how this is a relatively new trend, which means this could be a great opportunity. Moreover, there is a clear increase in interest in recent months.
Additionally, you can also include in the Google Trends search bar a few terms from your Google suggestions or your Wikipedia keywords to visually compare your ideas.
As you can see, each trend looks very different. Although trends are great indicators, there are a few more steps to take to confirm if these are good or not niche ideas (more in the following sections).
Normally, the higher the interest over time, the higher the competence as well. So it is vital to find a sub-niche or micro-niche in the sweet spot between search volume and commercial value. I suggest you check micro niche blogging in 10 practical steps to overcome this issue.
In any case, this is a very effective method to find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas in any industry quickly.
Lastly, note that trends that are just starting to grow are the ones with the most potential. It could be a new market blooming, meaning the competition is inexistent or limited.
So do not drop ideas only because trends show low numbers. If the trend’s interest is exponentially growing and it gets stable, it is probably worth pursuing.
Real Estate niche competition.
In this section, you will learn how competitive this niche is and its opportunities.
As in any niche with demand, competition in the high-level niche can be harsh. Big corporations typically dominate the internet for competitive terms in popular niches. And entrepreneurs like us simply don’t have the resources to compete against them.
That is why sub-niches and micro-niches are much better options- The more you niche down, the smaller the competence. But if you go too niche, you might face another issue: The niche market might be too small.
By analyzing keywords directly related to your sub-niche or micro-niche ideas, you’ll get a good idea about how competitive the overall niche could be. To perform keyword research, you will need access to an SEO tool. Here you can find how to do it with Keysearch and SE ranking.
For this example, I will check the competence for the previous keyword we found, “sustainable real estate.”
To have an idea about the overall competition in this niche, we’ll look for this exact term with the SEO tool.
As you can see from the image, this term difficulty is “elementary,” meaning there is not a lot of competition. Moreover, it presents a decent search volume, and what is even better is that the search trend is also increasing.
But what does this information really mean?
This initial search is just to have a quick overview of the potential market regarding search volume (interest) and the difficulty of this niche. By checking the exact niche keyword, you can quickly learn how competitive a term is and also about the audience size. But ultimately, you still need to check your niche competitors in detail to better understand your direct competitors.
In summary, in this initial search, you could see this term is very competitive, so you’ll need to niche down to find less competitive keywords.
Finding less competitive keywords.
Once you have checked your niche competitors and assessed the competence level, you can easily find profitable niche keywords with low competition and a decent search volume with a few tweaks:
Step #1. Search for your niche keyword. For this example, I’ll stick to the previous search, ‘sustainable real estate.’
Step #2. If you are using SE ranking, you just need to click on either “View detailed report” under similar keywords or related keywords. Just ensure you check both to find more.
Step #3. Next, click on ‘filter‘ and set the values you want. In my case, I want something with a search volume over 200 and difficulty under 40. Then click on ‘Apply filters.’
Step #4. Now you’ll get a list with keywords with a lower difficulty score and a decent search volume. However, when you are targeting new niches, you need to keep working with related searches and doing this process until you find enough terms.
The main issue with new niches is that the keyword database is not really updated, and you might struggle to find high-volume keywords. However, the biggest advantage is that your chances of ranking at the top are higher.
You might and should run different search queries looking for related terms as well to make sure you’ll find enough keywords that can drive traffic and money.
In summary, this list shows that with the right keywords, you could create a profitable niche website even in a competitive niche. You just need to find those less competitive terms and create amazing content.
- 10+ Profitable Niches With Low Competition
- Keysearch: The Best Keyword Research Service For Beginners
- SE Ranking Review 2022: Pros, Cons, Pricing, and Alternatives.
- The 9 Best AI SEO Software To Quickly Improve your Rankings.
- 8 SEMrush alternatives for your SEO strategy.
- SEMRush vs SimilarWeb: Compared and Reviewed
How to make money with the real estate niche.
In this section, you will learn different ways to monetize this niche.
There are several ways you can monetize your real estate niche website.
But what works best is to adapt your strategy to the user intent. For instance, if your niche website is about ‘sustainable real estate,’ you could monetize your website blog with affiliate marketing by promoting sustainable products or services.
The idea is to adopt a solution to your audience’s problem in the best format. Also, most of the time, online businesses adopt more than one monetization method.
I suggest you check this post about niche blogging to learn how to create a niche website step by step with tips to monetize it. Alternatively, a YouTube channel can help you make money with all the methods below. So I suggest you check the best Youtube niches.
Some methods you can use to make money in the real estate niche are:
Services are, without a doubt, one of the most common ways to monetize this niche.
Some of the services you can provide are:
- Lead Generation: Provide a lead generation service where visitors can submit their contact information in exchange for access to exclusive real estate content or resources. You can then sell these leads to real estate professionals who are looking for potential clients.
- Real Estate Consulting: Leverage your expertise in the real estate industry to offer consulting services. This could involve providing personalized advice on property investment strategies, market analysis, property management, or real estate development. You can offer one-on-one consultations or package your services into online courses or webinars for a broader audience.
Depending on your selected niche, some services might work better than others.
Also, some of the services might be presential, but you could deliver many others online. To do this, you just need a platform like HeySummit with registration and ticketing. This is probably the easiest and most effective method to run online events with all of the customization and flexibility you need to provide an exceptional experience for your audience.
You could even create online courses to help a targeted audience by providing valuable training.
- How to create and sell an online course.
- How to Create Webinar Funnels with HeySummit.
- Drop Servicing: The Definitive Guide in 2022.
- The 10+ Best Drop Servicing Niches (2022 Guide).
Products in the real estate niche might not sound as obvious, but it usually is the easiest way to get started making money online.
For instance, some products you could create are:
- Niche-specific products to solve your audience’s problems. An app for finding the best real estate deals, Virtual Staging Services, Real Estate Investment Analysis Tools, etc.
- Ebooks. This is one of the resources most used by many entrepreneurs. Ebooks are relatively fast to create and can make you some extra money. Ebooks can contain tips, training, or anything that will help your audience. For this, I suggest you check Designrr– This incredible tool will allow you to create stunning ebooks in 2 minutes that you can sell later on your site.
- Videos/Podcasts. You could also create videos or podcasts about particular real estate topics, which you could sell individually or with a subscription. My personal recommendation is InVideo for video creation since it allows you to create professional videos in no time, even if you have no experience. For podcasts, Buzzsprout is the most popular solution.
When you present the right product to the right audience, products can be the easiest way to start making money. They also allow you to earn a passive income when you combine them with an evergreen sales funnel.
- Digital Product Creation Guide: From Zero To Hero.
- Product-Led Growth: The Definitive Guide.
- The 10 Best Dropshipping Niches (Free in PDF)
- The 10+ Best Dropshipping Website Builders
Subscriptions and memberships can make a great alternative to monetize your website.
Subscriptions are based on delivering extra value to your readers. For instance, you can create high-quality, exclusive content on your website and offer it as premium content or a membership subscription. This could include in-depth market reports, investment analysis, or access to a community forum where members can interact and share insights.
Also, you can get recurring income from memberships. But you need to keep providing value to your readers constantly. This could be by delivering relevant content in the form of a magazine, weekly videos, podcasts, or something valuable to your readers.
You can also provide exclusive access to your videos or podcast to your subscribers. And the best thing is that you simply need a plugin like MemberMouse to create subscriptions and memberships effortlessly.
Advertising can work great in this niche. For instance, you could offer advertising space on your website to real estate agents, brokers, or property developers who want to promote their listings or services. Also, you could use display ads, banner ads, or sponsored content to generate revenue.
However, there are some downsides with advertising:
- You need a lot of traffic to make good money.
- The user experience can not be as good.
- Most people use ad blockers these days.
Having said so, many businesses use ads as their primary source of income. You could use platforms like Google Adsense, Media.net, VigLink, etc.
In any case, you could place ads just for extra income rather than the primary source of income.
This is my favorite method to make money online in any niche.
For instance, you could recommend products or services related to real estate, such as real estate courses, property management software, or home staging services. By joining affiliate programs, you can earn a commission for each sale made through your referral links.
Bear in mind that affiliate marketing needs some time and traffic to get traction, but you will earn a passive income when it does.
All you need to do is to sign up for the best affiliate programs in your niche. Then, I suggest you read how to make money with affiliate marketing, and you will be ready to monetize your site with this method.
Real Estate sub-niche and micro-niche ideas.
In this section, I will provide you with some profitable niche ideas.
After putting into practice what I have explained in this report and researching some keywords, I have collected a list of real estate sub-niches and micro-niches that can do a great online business.
I personally recommend focusing on sub-niches or micro-niches where trends are steady even though the volume is not high since they probably will be the ones with fewer competitors—that is why niche blogging is so powerful. If you find good enough keywords, you will monetize more easily and faster.
Lastly, what makes a profitable niche is the commercial value behind the keywords you choose. So if you just choose keywords without commercial value ( informational), you might struggle to generate an income (although you can still do it.)
You will also need to do thorough niche keyword research and develop a list of keywords. Next, you’ll need to plan your content creation strategy thoroughly if you want to succeed.
Sub-Niche: Commercial Real Estate.
- Retail space leasing
- Office space design
- Industrial real estate investment
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: Residential Property Management.
- Vacation rental management
- Student housing management
- Luxury property management
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: Real estate Education.
- Real estate investment courses
- House flipping courses
- Passive real estate investment
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
50 Real Estate niche ideas
- Luxury Real Estate Sales
- Commercial Property Management
- Real Estate Investment Consulting
- Real Estate Appraisal Services
- Real Estate Photography
- Property Renovation and Remodeling Services
- Real Estate Legal Services
- Real Estate Marketing and Advertising Agency
- Real Estate Virtual Tours and 360-Degree Imaging
- Real Estate Investment Networking Events
- Property Tax Consulting and Appeals
- Real Estate Wholesaling
- Real Estate Auction Services
- Eco-Friendly and Sustainable Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Coaching and Mentorship Programs
- Real Estate Property Inspection Services
- Real Estate Landscaping and Outdoor Design
- Real Estate Title and Escrow Services
- Real Estate Social Media Management
- Real Estate Interior Design and Staging
- Real Estate Blogging and Content Creation Services
- Real Estate Investment Syndication
- Real Estate Foreclosure Assistance
- Real Estate Market Research and Analysis
- Real Estate Lead Generation Services
- Real Estate Property Maintenance and Handyman Services
- Real Estate Investment Property Accounting
- Real Estate Software Development
- Real Estate Vacation Rental Management
- Real Estate Property Insurance Services
- Real Estate Property Locator Services
- Real Estate Investment Property Tax Strategies
- Real Estate Asset Management
- Real Estate Property Development Financing
- Real Estate Property Flipping Mentorship
- Real Estate Property Tax Lien Investing
- Real Estate Property Surveying and Mapping Services
- Real Estate Property Investment Due Diligence
- Real Estate Property Management Software Development
- Real Estate Property Investment Analysis Tools
- Real Estate Property Energy Efficiency Auditing
- Real Estate Property Auction Platforms
- Real Estate Property Security Systems
- Real Estate Property Leasing Services
- Real Estate Property Networking Groups
- Real Estate Property Investment Crowdfunding Platforms
- Real Estate Property Maintenance Training Courses
- Real Estate Property Tax Planning
- Real Estate Property Investment Self-Directed IRAs
- Real Estate Property Tax Deduction Strategies
Need help with your digital marketing strategy?
Let me help you to increase your site traffic with Niche SEO optimizations.
Don’t forget to share this article!
Are you struggling to generate quality leads for your business? Well, you’re not alone. Many…
Are you a YouTuber looking to make money from your channel? If so, then this…
What do you think of when you hear the words “niche branding?” Maybe you think…
Are you looking for the best Youtube niches to start a profitable channel? Youtube is…
Want to know the best Adsense niches to monetize your site with ads? In order…
Fitness Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…
Photography Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…
Food Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…
Lifestyle Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…