So you probably want to start a blog and want to know the differences and…
Insurance Niche Market.
In this section, you will learn some market insights.
The insurance industry is undoubtedly one of the most prolific businesses on the internet, with a PPC as high as $19,87.
It is forecast that the global insurance market will grow by almost 13 percent from 2020 to 2022, reaching just over 5.5 trillion as the insurance industry recovers from the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Following this, it is predicted that the industry will grow at a compound rate of around six percent per year, reaching almost 6.4 trillion U.S. dollars in 2025.
The five most common types of insurance in the US are as follows:
- Health insurance – Research shows that a lack of adequate health insurance accounts for nearly 67% of all bankruptcies.
- Auto insurance – The average annual cost of car insurance in 2018 was roughly $1,430.
- Life insurance – One in every three families struggle to meet their daily expenses during the first month of the death of their main wage earner.
- Property insurance – Property damage accounts for nearly 98% of all claims.
- Travel insurance – Americans are traveling more than ever before. In 2016, there was a 19% jump in travel insurance spending.
However, it is important to note that there are some challenges the insurance industry is facing. Some of them are the speed of technological changes, evolving consumer behavior, and new market entrants.
In summary, the global insurance industry is in good shape. Moreover, research shows that the future of this industry looks bright, especially if the global economy remains healthy and the insurance industry finds a way to deal with the issues troubling it.
Lastly, I suggest looking at this post to understand better what a niche market is and how to take advantage of it.
Insurance Niche trend.
In this section, I will analyse the current trends in this niche.
Market niche trends can help you identify how a market is doing. In addition, they allow you to see the interest in a certain topic over time.
When analyzing trends for a niche, it is vital to study the interest over time- If the interest fluctuates a lot with periods going down to zero, it normally would be a bad sign. However, if the trend stays up and is stable or growing, it could be a good sign. There are other factors to consider as well. More on this later.
To analyze trends in the insurance niche, I will use the Google Trends tool. When using this tool, there are a few distinctions to take into account:
- When you search for terms, it will show matches for all the words in a query.
- When you search for topics, it will refer to a group of terms that share the same concept. So the result is broader.
‘Topics‘ can be great to find out the interest of people in a niche. The idea would be to use ‘topics’ to find niches that are worth pursuing. Then, you should use ‘search terms‘ as the first step towards content creation. This will help you understand if it is worth creating content on a given term based on current trends.
For this report, I am analyzing the topic ‘Insurance.’ Then, I have set the location worldwide and filtered by the past five years.
There are a few things we can observe from the graphic below:
- Overall, insurance has a very stable trend with lots of interest over time.
- As opposed to many other niche trends, the Covid impact in the insurance niche was minimum.
By looking at this graph, one could think that a business could work based on the trend numbers. However, to avoid fierce competition in this niche, you should niche down and find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas.
So how do you find profitable sub-niche and micro-niche ideas with fewer competitors? With proper niche research.
But we’ll get into that in the following sections. For now, you can read in this post all the advantages of niche marketing.
Lastly, some of the rising trends in the insurance niche are:
Topics like ‘long-term care” and “employee health insurance” might be worth checking for new opportunities.
How to Find Niche Ideas.
Learn how to find a niche step by step.
There are many methods you can use to find out exciting sub-niches ideas. The simplest one might be a combination of Wikipedia with Google Suggest to find ideas. Then you can use Google Trend to validate your plan.
This is how to do it:
Step #1. Head to Wikipedia, and in the search bar, type your niche keyword and hit search.
Step #2. Skim the page for sub-niche ideas. You’ll be able to find plenty of insurance-related keywords along with the Wikipedia page.
Some places where to look include the table of content, content itself, and the “see also” section at the bottom.
Also, when you click on an insurance-related term with a link, it will take you to another page where you’ll be able to find even more ideas. So this is an excellent method to brainstorm keywords and sub-niche ideas.
Step #3. Next, you can complete these sub-niche ideas or get some more with Google Search. Head to Google.com and enter some of your niche keywords. Google will instantly suggest some sub-niches for you.
You can even keep niching them down as you type:
This is a very effective and easy trick to find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas quickly.
Step #4. Lastly, use Google Trends to validate your niche idea. For this example, I will check “beauty trends.“
The graphic below shows how this trend is increasing in popularity over time. However, the search volume might not be enough. This is something we’ll check in the next sections.
Additionally, you can also include in the Google Trends search bar a few terms from your Google suggestions or your Wikipedia keywords to visually compare your ideas.
For this example, I have used business interruption insurance, burial insurance, and insurance fraud.
As you can see, all these trends seem pretty stable, with a dominant interest in insurance fraud. This will probably mean it will also be more competitive.
Normally, the higher the interest over time, the higher the competence as well. So it is vital to find a sub-niche or micro-niche in the sweet spot between search volume and commercial value. I suggest you check micro niche blogging in 10 practical steps to overcome this issue.
In any case, this is a very effective method to find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas in any industry quickly.
Lastly, note that trends that are just starting to grow are the ones with the most potential. It could be a new market blooming, meaning the competition is inexistent or limited.
So do not drop ideas only because trends show low numbers. If the trend’s interest is exponentially growing and it gets stable, it is probably worth pursuing.
Insurance niche competition.
In this section, you will learn how competitive is this niche and its opportunities.
As in any niche with demand, competition in the high-level niche can be harsh. Big corporations typically dominate the internet for competitive terms in popular niches. And entrepreneurs like us simply don’t have the resources to compete against them.
That is why sub-niches and micro-niches are much better options- The more you niche down, the smaller the competence. But if you go too niche, you might face another issue: That the market might be too small.
The only way to know is by analyzing keywords directly related to your sub-niche or micro-niche ideas. This is how you’ll see if the main keywords you want to target are too competitive or there are still opportunities with less competitive terms.
For this example, I will check the competence for a very well-known term: ‘travel insurance.’
To have an idea about the overall competition in this niche, we’ll look for this exact term with the SEO tool.
As you can see from the image, this term difficulty is “challenging” with a massive search volume of 368k and CPC pf $3,78.
But what does this information really means?
This initial search is just is to have a quick overview of the potential market regarding search volume (interest) and the difficulty of this niche. By checking the exact niche keyword, you can quickly learn how competitive a term is and also about the audience size. But ultimately, you still need to check your niche competitors in detail to better understand your direct competitors.
In summary, in this initial search, you could see this term is very competitive, so you’ll need to niche down to find less competitive keywords.
Finding less competitive keywords.
Once you have checked your niche competitors and assessed the competence level, you can easily find profitable niche keywords with low competition and a decent search volume with a few tweaks:
Step #1. Search for your niche keyword. For this example, I’ll stick to the previous example ‘travel insurance.’
Step #2. In the panel on the left, click on the keyword suggestions icon.
Step #3. Next, click on ‘filter‘ and set the values you want. In my case, I want something with a search volume over 200, and difficulty under 40. Then click on ‘Apply filters.’
Step #4. Now I have a list with 300 keywords with a lower difficulty score and great search volume.
Looking at this example and the keywords found, you could easily assess if you can find enough topics to create a profitable business in the travel insurance niche.
In summary, this list shows that with the right keywords, you could create a profitable niche website even in a competitive niche. You just need to find those less competitive terms.
- 10+ Profitable Niches With Low Competition (in 2022)
- Keysearch: The Best Keyword Research Service For Beginners
- SE Ranking Review 2022: Pros, Cons, Pricing, and Alternatives.
- The 9 Best AI SEO Software To Quickly Improve your Rankings.
- 8 SEMrush alternatives for your SEO strategy.
- SEMRush vs SimilarWeb: Compared and Reviewed
How to make money with the Insurance niche.
In this section, you will learn different ways to monetize this niche.
There are several ways you can monetize your insurance niche website.
But what works best is to adapt your strategy to the user intent. For instance, if your niche blog is about ‘travel insurance,‘ an affiliate marketing website might be your best option to monetize.
The idea is to adopt a solution to your audience’s problem in the best format. Also, most of the time, online businesses adopt more than one monetization method.
I suggest you check this post about niche blogging to learn how to create a niche website step by step with tips tomonetize it.
Some methods you can use to make money with the internet niche are:
Services can be a lucrative way to monetize insurance niche websites. In fact, is one of the most common ways to make money in this specific niche.
Offering travel insurance is already a service itself, but some of the services you can also provide are:
- International travel insurance.
- Individual travel insurance.
- Student travel insurance.
- Senior citizen travel insurance
- Family travel insurance
Depending on your selected niche, some services might work better than others.
Also, some of the services might be presential, but you could deliver many others online. For this, you just need a platform like HeySummit with registration and ticketing. This is probably the easiest and most effective method to run online events with all of the customization and flexibility you need to provide an exceptional experience for your audience.
You could even create online courses to help a targeted audience by providing valuable training.
Some website examples that monetize by providing insurance services are:
- How to create and sell an online course.
- How to Create Webinar Funnels with HeySummit.
- Drop Servicing: The Definitive Guide in 2022.
- The 10+ Best Drop Servicing Niches (2022 Guide).
Products in the insurance niche might not be the most common solution, but they can work great as. a secondary method.
For instance, some products you could create are:
- Niche-specific products to solve your audience’s problems. An app for finding the best insurance according to the kind of trip, a podcast providing insurance tips, etc.
- Ebooks. This is one of the resources most used by many bloggers. Ebooks are relatively fast to create and can make you some extra money. Ebooks can contain tips, training, or anything that will help your audience. For this, I suggest you check Designrr– This incredible tool will allow you to create stunning ebooks in 2 minutes.
- Videos/Podcasts. You could also create videos or podcasts about particular insurance topics, which you could sell individually or with a subscription. My personal recommendation is InVideo for video creation since it allows you to create professional videos in no time, even if you have no experience.
For podcasts, Buzzsprout is the most popular solution.
When you present the right product to the right audience, products can be the easiest way to start making money. They also allow you to earn a passive income when you combine them with an evergreen sales funnel.
Some insurance blog examples selling products are:
- Agency Intelligence. Latest niche insurance news.
- Secura. On demand safety training.
- Brownejacobjason. On-demand insurance events, webinars & training videos
- Digital Product Creation Guide: From Zero To Hero.
- Product-Led Growth In 2022: The Definitive Guide.
- The 10 Best Dropshipping Niches in 2022 (Free in PDF)
- The 10+ Best Dropshipping Website Builders (2022)
Subscriptions and memberships can make a great alternative to monetize your website.
Subscriptions are based on delivering extra value to your readers. This could be access to a premium section, deliver new content only to subscribers, and things like that.
Also, you can get recurring income from memberships. But you need to keep providing value to your readers constantly. This could be by delivering relevant content in the form of a magazine, weekly videos, podcasts, or something valuable to your readers.
You can also provide exclusive access to your videos or podcast to your subscribers. And the best thing is that you simply need a plugin like MemberMouse to create subscriptions and memberships effortlessly.
Some website examples using these methods are:
- bcbs. Offers speciall services for members
- Business Insurance. Access to all content at Business Insurance online
Ads used to be one of the most common ways to monetize websites. However, there are some downsides with them:
- You need a lot of traffic to make good money.
- The user experience can not be as good.
- Most people use ad blockers these days.
Having said so, many businesses use ads as their primary source of income. You could use platforms like Google Adsense, Media.net, VigLink, etc.
In any case, you could place ads just for extra income rather than the primary source of income.
This is my favorite method to make money online in any niche.
Affiliate marketing might need some time and traffic to get traction, but you will earn a passive income when it does.
All you need to do is to sign up for the best affiliate programs in your niche. Then, I suggest you read how to make money with affiliate marketing, and you will be ready to monetize your site with this method.
Some bloggers examples who monetize with affiliate marketing are:
Insurance sub-niche and micro-niche ideas.
In this section, I will provide you with some profitable niche ideas.
After putting into practice what I have explained in this report and researching some keywords, I have collected a list of sub-niches and micro-niches in the insurance niche that can do a great online business.
I personally recommend focusing on sub-niches or micro-niches where trends are steady even though the volume is not high since they probably will be the ones with fewer competitors—that is why niche blogging is so powerful. If you find good enough keywords, you will monetize more easily and faster.
Lastly, what makes a profitable niche is the commercial value behind the keywords you choose. So if you just choose keywords without commercial value which are more informational, you might struggle to generate an income (although you can still do it.)
You will also need to do thorough niche keyword research and develop a list of keywords and then plan your content creation strategy thoroughly if you want to succeed.
Sub-Niche: Insurance Fraud.
- Life insurance fraud
- Property insurance fraud
- Unemployment insurance fraud
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: Income protection insurance.
- Disability insurance
- Worker’s compensation insurance
- Business expense insurance
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: Travel Insurance.
- Travel insurance for flights
- Travel insurance for cruises
- Travel insurance for backpackers
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: Pet Insurance.
- Dog insurance
- Cat insurance
- Horse Insurance
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: Insurance Broker.
- Life insurance broker
- Health insurance broker
- Auto insurance broker
Interest by regions:
Recommended monetization methods:
Want More? 50 Best Insurance niche ideas for less competition
- Auto insurance for specific vehicle types (e.g., classic cars, motorcycles)
- Homeowners insurance for high-value homes or specific geographic areas
- Renters insurance for college students or renters in urban areas
- Pet insurance for dogs, cats, or exotic pets
- Health insurance for specific demographics (e.g., seniors, self-employed individuals)
- Life insurance for specific professions (e.g., pilots, firefighters)
- Travel insurance for adventure travelers or frequent travelers
- Disability insurance for high-risk professions (e.g., professional athletes)
- Business insurance for specific industries (e.g., restaurants, construction)
- Professional liability insurance for specific professions (e.g., doctors, lawyers)
- Cyber liability insurance for businesses handling sensitive customer data
- Flood insurance for homeowners in flood-prone areas
- Earthquake insurance for homeowners in earthquake-prone regions
- Wedding insurance for protection against unforeseen circumstances for weddings
- Event insurance for organizers of special events or conferences
- Boat and marine insurance for boat owners and watercraft enthusiasts
- Aviation insurance for aircraft owners and pilots
- Agriculture insurance for farmers and agricultural businesses
- Commercial property insurance for property owners and landlords
- Commercial auto insurance for businesses with vehicle fleets
- Product liability insurance for manufacturers and product sellers
- Environmental liability insurance for businesses dealing with environmental risks
- Directors and officers insurance for corporate executives and board members
- Umbrella insurance for additional liability coverage beyond standard policies
- Dental insurance for individuals and families
- Vision insurance for eye care and prescription glasses or contacts
- Long-term care insurance for individuals needing assistance with daily activities
- Critical illness insurance for coverage against specific illnesses (e.g., cancer)
- Medicare supplement insurance for Medicare beneficiaries
- Title insurance for property buyers and real estate transactions
- Tenant insurance for renters and apartment dwellers
- Construction insurance for contractors and construction projects
- Surety bonds for contractors and construction projects
- Event cancellation insurance for organizers of large events or festivals
- Personal article insurance for valuable items such as jewelry, art, or collectibles
- Cybersecurity insurance for businesses to protect against data breaches
- Employment practices liability insurance for protection against employee-related claims
- Garage insurance for auto repair shops and mechanics
- Daycare insurance for daycare centers and childcare providers
- Nonprofit insurance for nonprofit organizations and charities
- Medical malpractice insurance for healthcare professionals
- Workers’ compensation insurance for employers to cover workplace injuries
- Hailstorm insurance for property owners in areas prone to hailstorms
- Wedding and event planner insurance for event planning professionals
- Classic car insurance for vintage and antique car owners
- Landlord insurance for rental property owners and landlords
- Art gallery insurance for galleries and art dealers
- Bed and breakfast insurance for owners of bed and breakfast establishments
- Brewery and winery insurance for craft breweries and wineries
- Fitness center insurance for gym owners and fitness facilities
Need help with your digital marketing strategy?
Let me help you to increase your site traffic with Niche SEO optimizations.
Don’t forget to share this article!
Are you struggling to generate quality leads for your business? Well, you’re not alone. Many…
Are you a YouTuber looking to make money from your channel? If so, then this…
What do you think of when you hear the words “niche branding?” Maybe you think…
Are you looking for the best Youtube niches to start a profitable channel? Youtube is…
Want to know the best Adsense niches to monetize your site with ads? In order…
Fitness Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…
Photography Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…
Food Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…
Lifestyle Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…