Are you struggling to get noticed on Pinterest? You’re not alone. With over 463 million…
Fitness Niche Market.
In this section, you will learn some market insights.
According to Statista, the Health & Fitness market is predicted to be worth over 147 billion U.S. dollars by 2024. Furthermore, experts anticipate a consistent annual growth rate (CAGR 2022-2027) of 8.71%, leading to a projected market volume of US$5.77 billion by 2027. This positive trajectory signifies significant opportunities and potential for businesses operating in this sector.
Moreover, the fitness niche market in 2023 was thriving and evolving rapidly. With an increased focus on health and well-being, more individuals are seeking ways to improve their fitness levels and lead active lifestyles.
This market encompasses a wide range of segments, including gym memberships, personal training services, fitness equipment, and fitness apparel. Also. the integration of technology and fitness, such as wearable devices and fitness apps, has further revolutionized the industry, allowing individuals to track their progress and customize their workouts.
Lastly, as awareness of the importance of fitness continues to rise, the fitness niche market in 2024 will present abundant opportunities for businesses to cater to consumers’ diverse needs and preferences in their fitness journey.
Fitness Niche trend.
In this section, I will analyze the current trends in this niche.
Market trends can help you identify how the market is doing. Trends allow you to see the interest in a certain topic over time.
When analyzing trends for a niche, it is vital to study the interest over time- If the interest fluctuates a lot with periods going down to zero, it normally would be a bad sign. However, if the trend stays up and is stable or growing, it could be a good sign. There are other factors to consider as well. More on this later.
To analyze trends in the art niche, I will use the Google Trends tool. When using this tool, there are a few distinctions to take into account:
- When you search for terms, it will show matches for all the words in a query.
- When you search for topics, it will refer to a group of terms that share the same concept. So the result is broader.
‘Topics‘ can be great for finding out the interest of people in a niche. The idea would be to use ‘topics’ to find niches that are worth pursuing. Then, you should use ‘search terms’ as the first step toward content creation. This will help you understand if it is worth creating content on a given term based on current trends.
For this report, I will analyze the topic ‘Fitness.’ Then, I have set the location to the US and filtered by the past five years.
There are a few things we can observe from the graphic below:
- Overall, fitness is a trendy topic with a lot of interest over time.
- It consistently spikes straight after Christmas. You know, New Year’s resolutions.
- It suffered a drop during the first Covid outbreak. However, it is coming back slowly but steadily.
Also, below, you can find interest by region. With Europe, the US, and New Zealand at the head.
This means that creating an online business in the fitness niche could work. However, to avoid competition in this niche, you should niche down and find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas.
So, how do you find profitable sub-niche and micro-niche ideas? With proper niche research.
But we’ll get into that in the following sections. Just bear with me. For now, you can read in this post all the advantages of niche marketing.
How to Find Niche Ideas.
Learn how to find a niche step by step.
There are many methods you can use to find out exciting sub-niches. You can use Google Trends ideas. The simplest one might be a combination of Wikipedia and Google Suggest to find ideas. Then, you can use Google Trends to validate your plan.
This is how to do it:
Step #1. Head to Wikipedia, and in the search bar, type your niche keyword. For this example, you need to refer to ‘Physical Fitness.’
Step #2. Skim the page for sub-niche ideas. On some occasions, like this one, you can already find plenty in the table of contents:
By clicking on the terms with a link, they will take you to even more art niche ideas. So, this is an excellent method to brainstorm terms.
Step #3. Head to Google.com and enter some of your niche keywords. Google will instantly suggest some sub-niches for you.
For instance, when I start typing fitness for, I get the suggestions below;
You can even keep niching them down as you type for some other related terms you found on Wikipedia such as aerobic exercise and find more ideas:
This is a very effective and easy trick to find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas.
The last step is to use Google Trends to validate the niche. Following this example, I will check ‘aerobic exercise at home‘
The graphic below shows how this trend is starting to grow after Covid, likely to stay, which seems like a great opportunity.
Also, if you scroll down, you will find a series of related topics and queries. These can be great to find out current trending sub-niches.
If you click on any of the related queries, it will take you to the trend graphic.
Lastly, you could also include a few terms from your Google suggestions or your Wikipedia keywords in the Google Trends search bar to get a good picture of interest over time about specific topics.
For this example, I have used aerobic exercise for weight loss, aerobic exercise at home, aerobic exercise for seniors.
As you can see, these could be exciting niches with growing interest.
Also, the higher the interest over time, the higher the competence as well. So, it is vital to find a sub-niche or micro-niche in the sweet spot between search volume and commercial value—more on this in the next section.
You see that anaerobic exercises have a larger number because it is a much broader topic than any of the other two, which means that the competition will also be higher.
In any case, this is a very effective method to find sub-niche and micro-niche ideas in any industry quickly.
Lastly, note that trends that are just starting to grow have the most potential. It could be a new market blooming, meaning the competition is nonexistent or limited. So do not drop ideas only because trends show low numbers. If the trend’s interest grows exponentially and then becomes stable, it is probably worth pursuing.
Fitness niche competition.
In this section, you will learn how competitive this niche is and its opportunities.
As in any niche with demand, competition in the high-level art niche can be harsh. Big corporations typically dominate the internet for competitive terms in popular niches. And entrepreneurs like us simply don’t have the resources to compete against them.
That is why sub-niches and micro-niches are much better options- The more you niche down, the smaller the competence. But if you go too niche, you might face another issue: The. The more you niche down, the smaller your market might be too small. The only way to know is by analyzing keywords directly related to your sub-niche or micro-niche ideas.
For this example, I will check the competence for: ‘fashion photography‘
To have an idea about the overall competition in this niche, we’ll look for this exact term with the SEO tool. I have checked this keyword for the US market.
Let’s use for this example the sub-niche idea we found, “fitness for seniors”:
As you can see from the image, the term difficulty is “doable.” The search volume in the US is not massive, but it is already a good sign to keep checking for keywords to find out if this is a niche that is worth pursuing.
But what does this information really mean?
This initial search is just for a quick overview of the potential market regarding search volume (interest) and the difficulty. By checking the exact niche keyword, you can quickly learn how competitive a term is and also about the audience size. But ultimately, you still need to check your niche competitors in detail to better understand your direct competitors.
Finding Less Competitive Keywords.
Once you have checked your niche competitors and assessed the competence level, you can easily find profitable niche keywords with low competition with a few tweaks:
Step #1. Search for your niche keyword. For this example, I’ll stick to ‘fitness for seniors’
Step #2. Scroll down to the section keyword ideas. Here, either the similar keywords report or related keywords report will do the trick. So you can click on ‘View Detailed Report‘ on either. For this example, I have clicked on related keywords.
Step #3. Click on ‘filter‘ and set the values you want. In my case, I want something with a difficulty score under 35, but you can set whatever works for you. Then click on ‘Apply filters.’
Step #4. Now, I have a list with 1,864 keywords I could target.
Looking at this example and the keywords found, you could easily assess if you can find enough topics to create a profitable business in this niche.
In summary, this list shows that with the right keywords, you could create a profitable niche website even in a competitive niche. You just need to find those less competitive terms.
How to make money with the Fitness niche.
In this section, you will learn different ways to monetize this niche.
There are several ways you can monetize your fitness niche website.
But what works best is to adapt your strategy to the user intent. For instance, if your website is about ‘fitness for seniors,’ creating video training routines could be a good idea.
The idea is to adopt a solution to your audience’s problem in the best format. Also, most of the time, online businesses adopt more than one monetization method.
Some methods you can use to make money in the fitness niche are:
Services are a very common way to monetize fitness niche websites.
For instance, some of the services you can provide are:
- Nutrition service on demand.
- Online fitness consultor.
- Personal Trainer.
- Fitness video channel.
Depending on your selected niche, some services might work better than others.
Also, some of the services might be presential, but you could deliver many others online. For instance, you could provide specific fitness training online. You just need a platform like HeySummit with registration and ticketing to do this in no time and efficiently.
You could even create online courses to help a targeted audience by providing valuable training.
Some website examples using these methods are:
- Anytime Fitness: Coaching services.
- Gym Guyz: Personal Training.
- Slowfitness: Fitness services for women.
- How to create and sell an online course.
- Drop Servicing: The Definitive Guide in 2022
- The 10+ Best Drop Servicing Niches (2022 Guide)
In the fitness niche, products are also a great way to make money online.
Some products you could create are:
- Niche-specific products to solve your audience’s problems. An app for training routines or nutrition tips, for instance.
- Ebooks. This is one of the resources most used by bloggers. They are relatively fast to create and can make you some extra money. Ebooks can contain fitness routines, diet tips, recipes, etc. I suggest you check Designrr– A website that will allow you to create stunning products in 2 minutes.
- Videos/Podcasts. You could create videos or podcasts about particular niche topics, which you could sell individually or with a subscription. My personal recommendation is InVideo for video creation since it allows you to create professional videos in no time, even if you have no experience. For podcasts, Buzzsprout is the most popular solution.
When you present the right product to the right audience, products can be the easiest way to start making money. They also allow you to earn a passive income when you combine them with an evergreen sales funnel.
Some website examples selling fitness products are:
- Gymshark: gym accessories and clothes ecommerce.
- Women’s Best: e-commerce focused on supplements and vitamins for women.
- Xenith: Product customization.
- Digital Product Creation Guide: From Zero To Hero.
- Product-Led Growth In 2022: The Definitive Guide.
- The 10 Best Dropshipping Niches in 2022 (Free in PDF)
Subscriptions and memberships can make a great alternative to monetize your website.
Subscriptions are based on delivering extra value to your readers. This could be access to a premium section, delivering new content only to subscribers, and things like that.
Also, you can get recurring income from memberships. But you need to keep providing value to your readers constantly. This could be by delivering relevant content in the form of a magazine or something valuable to your readers.
You can also provide your subscribers exclusive access to your videos or podcasts. And the best thing is that you simply need a plugin like MemberMouse to create subscriptions and memberships effortlessly.
Some website examples using this method are:
- Ihrsa: Several fitness-related memberships.
- Daily Burn: Fitness program subscription.
- Boxx: Boxing training subscriptions.:
Ads used to be one of the most common ways to monetize websites. However, there are three downsides with them:
- You need a lot of traffic to make good money.
- The user experience can not be as good.
- Most people use ad blockers these days.
Having said so, many businesses use ads as their primary source of income. You could use platforms like Google Adsense, Media.net, VigLink, etc.
In any case, you could place ads just for extra income rather than the primary source of income. I suggest you check the best adsense niches for more info.
This is my favorite method to make money online in any niche.
Affiliate marketing might need some time to get traction, but you will earn a passive income when it does.
All you need to do is to sign up for the best affiliate programs in your niche. Then, I suggest you read how to make money with affiliate marketing, and you will be ready to monetize your site with this method.
Some website examples using this method are:
Fitness sub-niche and micro-niche ideas.
In this section, I will provide you with some profitable niche ideas.
After putting into practice what I have explained in this report and researching keywords, I have collected a list of sub-niches and micro-niches ideas that can do a great online business.
I personally recommend focusing on sub-niches or micro-niches where trends are steady even though the volume is not high since they probably will be the ones with fewer competitors. At the end of the day, if you find good enough keywords, you will be able to monetize more easily.
Lastly, what makes a profitable niche is the commercial value behind the keywords you choose. For instance, if you just choose keywords without commercial value, which are more informational, you might struggle to generate an income.
You need a mix of both and a good content creation strategy to succeed.
Sub-Niche: Home Gym
- Home gym accessories.
- Home gym ideas.
- Home gym exercises.
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: weight loss for women
- Weight loss for women over 50
- Weight loss for women over 40
- Weight loss tips for women
Recommended monetization methods:
Sub-Niche: functional fitness
- Functional fitness workouts.
- Functional fitness equipment.
- Functional fitness exercises.
Recommended monetization methods:
Want More? 50 Best Fitness niche ideas for less competition
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT)
- Yoga and meditation studios
- CrossFit and functional fitness
- Pilates and barre workouts
- Outdoor boot camps and group fitness classes
- Indoor cycling and spinning studios
- Martial arts and self-defense classes
- Dance fitness (e.g., Zumba, hip-hop)
- Strength training and weightlifting programs
- Bodyweight workouts and calisthenics
- TRX suspension training
- Aqua fitness and water aerobics
- Pre and postnatal fitness programs
- Senior fitness and active aging programs
- Sports-specific training (e.g., soccer, basketball)
- Fitness retreats and wellness vacations
- Functional mobility and flexibility training
- Boxing and kickboxing classes
- Virtual fitness programs and online training
- Obstacle course racing and ninja warrior training
- Mind-body fusion workouts (e.g., Piloxing, Yogalates)
- Rowing and indoor rowing classes
- Team-building fitness activities for corporate groups
- Kids and youth fitness programs
- TRX yoga fusion classes
- Outdoor adventure fitness (e.g., hiking, rock climbing)
- Group strength and conditioning classes
- Suspension yoga and aerial fitness
- Fitness competitions and challenges
- Post-injury rehabilitation and corrective exercise
- Fitness app development and technology integration
- Fitness retreats for specific populations (e.g., women-only)
- Indoor trampoline parks and rebounding workouts
- Fitness nutrition and meal planning services
- Pregnancy fitness and prenatal yoga
- Athletic performance training for athletes
- Mindful movement and conscious fitness practices
- Virtual reality fitness experiences
- Barbell and powerlifting programs
- Functional training for older adults
- Stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) fitness classes
- Suspension training for seniors
- Home workout equipment and accessories
- Interval-based cardio classes (e.g., Tabata, circuit training)
- Fitness education and certification programs
- Outdoor group training sessions (e.g., park workouts)
- Fitness trackers and wearable technology
- Rehabilitation and injury prevention programs
- Outdoor yoga and meditation retreats
- Fitness franchise opportunities
You’re on LinkedIn, scrolling endlessly, but something’s missing. You’re not just looking for connections; you’re…
Are you wondering what are the top Twitter niches (now known as X) with higher…
Are you on the hunt for the perfect Amazon niche to make money selling products?…
Fitness Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips In this report, you will learn:…
Fashion Niche Report: 50+ Niche Ideas, Trends & Tips. In this report, you will learn:…