Do you want to create content that ranks on Google?
Organic traffic has proved to be the best source of traffic for any online business. It is the best way to convert engaged readers into customers.
There are a few tips you can use to start driving traffic organic traffic to your website. And with the content writing tools for SEO in this post, you’ll be able to make a difference starting today.
So let’s dive in!
- 1. Yoast SEO.
- 2. Marketmuse.
- 3. SEMrush writing assistant.
- 4. Grammarly.
- 5. Hemingway App.
- 6. Small SEO Tools.
- 7. SEO Scout.
- 8. Web FX (Read-able).
- 9. Contenteum.
- 10. Internet Marketing Ninjas.
- 11. SEO Powersuite (Link-Assistant)
- BONUS: Some more useful tools for your SEO strategy.
- Are you ready to boost your SEO with these free tools?
1. Yoast SEO.
Yoast SEO is a search engine optimization plug-in for WordPress.
It is probably the most famous content writing tools for SEO and for a reason. With an easy to understand interface, Yoast will help you attract more visitors and engage them. To do that, Yoast SEO will help you with:
- Keywords optimization. It will help you with the right keyword density, meta descriptions, alt attributes on images, titles, and more.
- Readability check: It will increase the chances that people actually read your page providing some readability recommendations.
On top of that, it will help with your website schema, which is key for SEO. All you need to worry about is writing your content. Yoast will then guide you to boost your SEO and readability.
In Yoast, you can also create perfect titles and meta descriptions and see how they will show on Google before publishing it.
How to use Yoast SEO.
- Install Yoast SEO plugin on your WordPress.
- Scroll down your post or page, to find Yoast SEO panel info.
- Find the SEO tab, and fill in the different information: Focus keyphrase, SEO title, slug, and meta description.
- Then find the “SEO analysis” below this, and fix any errors.
- Next, jump to the “Readability” tab and fix any problems showing in this section.
Marketmuse is a software that uses AI and machine learning to help you build content strategies, accelerate content creation, and inform content decisions.
With a personalized difficulty score, it helps you find topics you are more likely to succeed based on your site and its content. It provides fully-outlined briefs, including topics to cover, word count, and KPIs to meet in your writing.
The internal applications will help you:
- Researching topics
- See your competitors for a given term and related topics
- How to optimize your content.
These three modules together can have a great impact on your content writing strategy. They will help you in increasing your organic traffic.
How to use Marketmuse.
Head to Marketmuse and click on “Get started for free“. Then you can use the different modules as follows:
- Enter a topic you want to research.
- Next, you will get a selection of topics you need to cover to create great articles.
- Select the topics and start building your content plan.
- Enter a topic you want to compete for.
- Next, you will get a selection of related topics against your competitors and how they distribute these terms.
- This will give you an idea of the terms you need to include in your article to rank for the selected keyword.
- Enter a topic and the URL you want to optimize.
- Next, you will get a selection of related topics with the number of times they should be distributed along with your content.
- Try to optimize your content following these tips to improve your organic reach.
3. SEMrush writing assistant.
You can use SEMrush writing assistant to check if your texts follow the best SEO recommendations. Think of it as an SEO writing assistant.
SEMrush is one of the SEO big fishes.
So you can be sure this tool has a solid SEO purpose: To help you write the best content for SEO optimization.
This tool break downs your content to:
This tool, break downs your content to:
- Tone of voice
Then, it will provide you with some tips on how you can improve each of these areas. It will help you write content that ranks with keywords suggestions you should include to get better results.
How to use Semrush writing assistant.
- Go to SEMrush writing assistant.
- Copy your text to the “Quick Checker“
- Follow the suggestions that will appear in the right column.
Grammarly’s will help you with your grammar when writing your content. It will make sure everything you type is correct and easy to read.
The way it works is with an algorithm that flags potential issues in your copy. Then, it will provide some grammar and spelling suggestions and some other tips.
All this will help you creating content that resonates with your audience. Also, with the Chrome or Firefox extension, you can even use it directly on your WordPress.
It is a simple yet powerful content writing tool for SEO.
How to use Grammarly.
- Install the Grammarly extension for your browser.
- Next just need to let Grammarly work its magic. It will highlight the parts of your copy where a correction might be needed.
5. Hemingway App.
Hemingway App is focused on making your copy easier to read. To do that, it will provide you with different suggestions like the use of passive voice, adverbs, simpler phrases, etc.
The different colors will help you understand what you should change in your text:
- Green is the use of passive voice. You should not exceed a certain number of uses related to the text density.
- Blue are adverbs that weaken your phrases and you should dispose of them.
- Purple shows different alternatives to the current phrase used.
- Yellow is for hard to read text. Normally it will suggest you split the sentence in two.
- Red is wordy sentences very easy to read and understand. You will need to edit red sentences until the red color does not show anymore.
How to use Grammarly.
- Go to Hemingway App.
- Write or copy your text in the editor.
- Look at the color suggestions on the right panel and try to fix any problems.
6. Small SEO Tools.
Small SEO Tools is one of the most complete content writing tools for SEO. It provides a plagiarism checker, article rewrite, grammar check, and word counter between others. Meaning you can pretty much check all your on-page SEO using this single tool.
You can use:
- The article rewriter to obtain suggestions on how to improve your copy.
- The plagiarism checker to find out if your content is unique.
- The grammar check to make sure your copy is error-free.
- The word counter to check your competitor’s top post word count.
- And even more!
How to use Small SEO Tools.
- Go to Small SEO Tools.
- Select the tool you want to use from the top menu
- Copy-paste your text, or submit an URL.
- Select with the button at the bottom the action you want to perform. It works the same way for each tool on the website.
7. SEO Scout.
This is another good free SEO copywriting tool to help you optimize your content.
SEO scout analyzes your copy and tests your site’s SEO. It takes into account readability, word count and frequency, and keyword density. This will help to understand how a search engine may see your content.
With a simple copy-pasting, reading the data provided, and taking action, you can improve your SEO writing in no time.
The top panel gives you a quick overview of how your copy performs. And on the right panel, you can go a bit further with text analysis, topics, and sentence review.
How to use SEO Scout.
- Head to SEO Scout web.
- Copy your text on the text editor.
- Check the results on the right column and modify what is needed.
8. Web FX (Read-able).
Proof-reading is key for SEO success but also to engage your readers.
With this Readability Test Tool, you can easily check the readability of your work. You can directly paste your text or insert a URL. Then, you will get your readability indices and text statistics. You’ll find a text below your results explaining what each of them means.
How to use Read-able.
- Go to Read-able.
- Copy your text on the text editor.
- Check the results on the right column and modify what is needed.
Contenteum is probably a more complete content marketing solution than the others on this list.
It is a tool that allows you to conveniently organize all your WordPress content on a single dashboard. From there you can create, schedule, optimize, and publish directly to your WordPress.
If you want to use it with your WordPress, you’ll need the API key. You just need to follow the instructions as you sign up.
In any case, you still can use the text analysis without the need to connect your WordPress account. The text analyzer is very powerful and provides optimizations about:
- Content structure
- Best Seo Practices
- Important terms to use
- Questions to answer
- Other relevant terms
How to use Contenteum.
- Head to Contenteum and click on “sign free“
- Go to Projects > Create New. You can choose to use WordPress or not.
- Once you create a project, click on it, and you’ll see at the top a button saying “New Article“. Click here and you will be to write or paste your article.
- Lastly, once you have your article ready, you’ll see the optimizations needed on the right panel.
10. Internet Marketing Ninjas.
Internet Marketing Ninjas is perfect to perform an SEO on-page analysis. It will analyze your internal links, meta descriptions, and more to provide you with SEO improvements.
These are the tools you can use to perform on-page optimizations:
- Metadata tool: Displays text in title tags and meta elements
- Keyword density tool: Reveals on-page SEO keyword statistics for linked and unlinked content
- Keyword optimization tool: Analyzes on-page optimization by showing the number of words used in the content, including anchor text of internal and external links
- Link Accounting tool: Displays the number and types of links used
- Header check tool: Shows HTTP Status Response codes for links
- Source code tool: Provides quick access to on-page HTML source code
How to use Internet Marketing Ninjas.
- Go to internet marketing ninja.
- Insert the URL you want to check.
- Click on “Ninja Check” to see the report.
11. SEO Powersuite (Link-Assistant)
If what you need is an SEO software tool powerful enough to help you increase your organic traffic, you should try SEO Powersuite. It is like an SEO content editor with plenty of tools to help with your SEO strategy.
It’s got a bit of everything from SEO analysis tools to keyword research tools to backlinks checkers and much more. For a free tool, it is quite complete. It is intuitive and easy to use at any level.
With the free version you can get access to:
- 4 tools (Rank Tracker, WebSite Auditor, SEO SpyGlass, LinkAssistant)
- Unlimited keywords to track
- Site crawling & auditing (500 URLs)
- Backlink tracking & auditing (1,100 links)
- Link prospecting (1,000 prospects)
How to use Link Assistant.
You can download a free copy here.
There is a lot to use in this tool. So the most practical would be to follow their own tutorials for detailed instructions on how each of the sections works.
You might want to read next:
BONUS: Some more useful tools for your SEO strategy.
- SE Ranking. This tool is an all-in-one SEO tool perfect for users with less experience.
- Answer The Public. Perfect for finding fresh ideas and topics your audience might be interested in.
- Ubbersuggest. Find keywords and check the organic terms driving traffic to your competitors.
- Keyword Density Checker. Avoid keyword stuffing with this useful tool.
- Copyscape. If what you need is to check plagiarism quickly, this tool does the job.
- Google Keyword Planner. Check the most popular search terms in your niche and find your keywords.
These are all great tools that can help you with your SEO. However, if you are looking for an automated SEO solution that can guide you even if you don’t have SEO experience, you should check these AI SEO software options.
Are you ready to boost your SEO with these free tools?
These are very useful content writing tools for SEO you can use for free and will help you drive organic traffic.
You can also use these tools with these 10+ free traffic sources to get even more website visitors.
Lastly, you don’t need to use all the free SEO tools to see results. Try a few and see how they performed and how they can help you.
Creating engaging content needs to go together with a niche marketing strategy. First, you need to plan whom you are writing for, and what you expect your readers to do after they read your article. If you manage to do this, you’ll see your articles will start ranking more often.
Now I’d like to hear what you have to say:
Did you find any of these SEO tools useful?
Let me know by leaving a quick comment below.
Don’t forget to share this article!
12 Best AI Marketing Tools to Grow Your Business in 2023
Artificial intelligence has become the talk of the town nowadays. What is AI? What are…
Prepostseo Review 2023 – Pros, Cons, Features, and Pricing
Are you wondering if Prepostseo is worth your investment? Look no further, as I have…
HubSpot vs MailChimp: Which is Better? (2023 Review)
SE Ranking Review 2023: Pros, Cons, Pricing, and Alternatives.
Are you looking for a thorough SE Ranking review to find out if this is…