If you’re an entrepreneur, then there’s a good chance you’ve heard of Shopify. It’s one of the most popular eCommerce platforms on the planet, and for a good reason. It’s easy to use, has many features, and integrates with just about everything.
But you might not know that Shopify has a premium version called Shopify Plus.
In this article, we’re going to take an in-depth look at Shopify Plus, what it is, what it offers, and who it’s for.
- What is Shopify Plus?
- Who is Shopify Plus for?
- Shopify Plus vs. Shopify
- 1. Dedicated Support
- 2. Scalability
- 3. More Theme Customization With Access To "Liquid"
- 4. Unlimited Staff Accounts
- 5. More Control Over The Checkout Process
- 6. Lower Transaction Fees
- 7. Access To Exclusive Features
- 8. Merchant Success Program
- 9. Exclusive Access To Other Resources
- 10. An Incorporated Dashboard To Manage Multiple Stores From One Place
- 11. More In-Depth Analytics Options
- Shopify Plus Pricing
- Conclusion- Is Shopify Plus worth it?
*Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself, and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
What is Shopify Plus?
Shopify Plus is the enterprise version of Shopify. It’s a fully-managed platform that’s designed for high-volume businesses. With Shopify Plus, you get all of the features of Shopify, plus a few extras that are designed to help you scale your business.
Some of the key features of Shopify Plus include:
- Unlimited products and bandwidth: With Shopify Plus, you can add an unlimited number of products to your store and get unlimited bandwidth. This is perfect for businesses that are selling a lot of products or have large product catalogs.
- Advanced features: Shopify Plus comes with many advanced features designed to help you scale your business. These include things like gift cards, abandoned cart recovery, and custom checkout fields.
- Dedicated account manager: When you sign up for Shopify Plus, you’ll be assigned a dedicated account manager. This person will help you with anything you need, from setting up your store to scaling your business.
- Wholesale Channel: It’s no secret that selling wholesale can be a great way to boost your revenue. And with Shopify Plus, you get access to the Wholesale Channel. This lets you create a separate storefront for your wholesale customers, making it easy to manage both your retail and wholesale operations from one platform.
- Launchpad: With Shopify Plus, you get access to Launchpad. This is a tool that lets you quickly launch new products, stores, and campaigns. It’s perfect for businesses that are always releasing new products or running promotions.
- Script Editor: The Script Editor is a powerful tool that lets you customize the checkout process. With it, you can add custom scripts to your checkout to upsell products, offer discounts, or do just about anything else you can think of.
- Bulk Account Inviter: The Bulk Account Inviter is a tool that lets you quickly invite customers to your store in bulk. This is perfect for businesses that are trying to grow their customer base quickly.
- Transporter app: The Transporter app is a tool that allows you to migrate your data from one Shopify store to another. This is perfect if you’re moving from another eCommerce platform to Shopify Plus.
Who is Shopify Plus for?
Shopify Plus is designed for high-volume businesses. If you’re making a lot of sales, have a large product catalog, or need advanced features, then Shopify Plus is a good option for you.
It’s also a good option if you’re looking for a fully-managed platform. With Shopify Plus, you’ll get a dedicated account manager who will help you with anything you need.
Shopify Plus vs. Shopify
Now that we’ve taken a look at Shopify Plus let’s compare it to the regular version of Shopify. Below, I have highlighted the main advantages of using Shopify plus vs Shopify.
1. Dedicated Support
One of the biggest differences between Shopify and Shopify Plus is the level of support you’ll receive. With Shopify, you’ll get access to 24/7 support, but with Shopify Plus, you’ll get a dedicated account manager. This person will help you with anything you need, from setting up your store to scaling your business.
On the other hand, if you’re the type of person who likes to be in control of your own store, then Shopify might be a better option for you. With Shopify, you’ll have to do more of the work yourself, but you’ll also have more control over your store.
Shopify Plus is designed for businesses that are looking to scale. With Shopify Plus, you’ll get access to features like unlimited products and bandwidth, advanced features, and the Bulk Account Inviter. These features are designed to help you grow your business quickly and efficiently.
For Shopify, you’ll need to purchase the Shopify Plus plan if you want access to these features. The regular Shopify plans are more suited for businesses just starting out and not looking to scale just yet.
3. More Theme Customization With Access To “Liquid”
Shopify Plus gives you more control over your store’s theme with access to Liquid– a templating language that lets you customize your store’s theme. With Liquid, you can add custom code to your themes and create completely custom designs.
Shopify doesn’t give you access to Liquid. With Shopify, you’re limited to the themes that are available in the theme store. You’ll need to hire a developer if you want to customize your store beyond what the themes allow.
4. Unlimited Staff Accounts
Shopify Plus gives you the ability to add an unlimited number of staff members to your account. This is perfect for businesses that have a lot of employees or need to give access to multiple people.
For Shopify, you’re limited to 5 staff members on the regular and 15 on the Advanced plans. You’ll need to purchase the Shopify Plus plan if you need more than that.
5. More Control Over The Checkout Process
Shopify Plus gives you more control over the checkout process with the Custom Checkout tool. With the Custom Checkout tool, you can add custom scripts to your checkout to upsell products, offer discounts, or do about anything else.
Shopify doesn’t give you access to the Custom Checkout tool. This means you’re limited to the default checkout process. And while the default checkout process is fine for most stores, it doesn’t give you the same level of control that Shopify Plus does.
6. Lower Transaction Fees
Shopify Plus has lower transaction fees than the regular Shopify plans. With Shopify Plus, you’ll only be charged 0.15% per transaction. This is a significant saving if you’re making a lot of sales.
The Shopify plans have variable transaction fees that range from 2% to 2.9%. The exact fee you’ll be charged depends on which plan you’re on and which payment processor you use.
7. Access To Exclusive Features
Shopify Plus gives you access to features that are not available on the regular Shopify plans. These features include:
- Bulk Account Inviter: helps you quickly invite large numbers of people to your store
- Advanced Reporting: gives you access to reports that are not available on the regular plans
- Shopify Flow: automate tasks to save time and improve efficiency
- Launchpad: gives you the ability to quickly launch new products and features
8. Merchant Success Program
With a clear strategy for your objectives, the merchant success program connects you with the appropriate assistance and training to help you accomplish them. Join the ranks of the world’s fastest-growing companies, working alongside a world-class team of industry experts.
9. Exclusive Access To Other Resources
Shopify Plus gives you exclusive access to a dedicated team of success managers, engineers, and designers. They’re there to help you with anything you need, whether it’s technical support or advice on scaling your business.
A Facebook community for Shopify Plus merchants is also available. This is a great place to ask questions, get advice, and connect with other Shopify Plus merchants. With access to Shopify Plus Academy, you’ll also have exclusive access to courses, webinars, and other resources that will help you grow your business.
10. An Incorporated Dashboard To Manage Multiple Stores From One Place
If you operate multiple stores, Shopify Plus has an incorporated dashboard that lets you manage them all from one place. This is perfect for businesses that have multiple locations or need to manage multiple brands. With the dashboard, you can see all of your sales, orders, and customers in one place.
When it comes to Shopify, the regular plans only allow you to have one store per account. If you need to manage multiple stores, you’ll need to create a separate account for each one.
11. More In-Depth Analytics Options
Shopify Plus gives you more in-depth analytics options with the Advanced Reporting tool. With the Advanced Reporting tool, you can create custom reports and export them to Excel or Google Sheets. This is perfect for businesses that need to track their data in detail.
Shopify doesn’t give you access to the Advanced Reporting tool. This means you’re limited to the default reports. These reports are fine for most stores, but they don’t give you the same level of detail as the Advanced Reporting tool.
Shopify Plus Pricing
Shopify Plus is a premium version of Shopify that’s designed for large businesses. It starts at $2000 per month, which is a significant increase from the regular Shopify plans. For higher volume business, Shopify Plus customizes enterprise plans.
Shopify Plus includes tax automation from Avalara Avatax. This service costs an additional $250 per month, but it’s worth it if you want to avoid the hassle of handling taxes yourself. Avalara Avatax takes care of your complicated tax calculations, so you can focus on running your business.
You might want to read next:
Conclusion- Is Shopify Plus worth it?
Shopify Plus is a great option for businesses that are looking for an enterprise-level eCommerce solution. It’s packed with features that businesses need to scale, such as launchpad, bulk account invited, and advanced reporting.
Moreover, Shopify Plus also gives you access to exclusive resources, such as the merchant success program and the Facebook community. So I’d say Shopify Plus is worth the investment if you’re serious about growing your business since they deliver great value.
Starting a cosmetics and beauty brand is an exciting journey, but it’s also filled with…
Starting an online store can feel like navigating a maze in the dark. I’ve been…